The arrival of summer has me giddy. Yes, it has been unseasonably hot and humid and it feels like the beginning of August rather than the beginning of June, but I am so happy that summer is unofficially here. It is no coincidence that everyone’s moods are brighter when summer arrives, and I am one who firmly believes that a few good hours of sunshine each day can prove to be the best anti-depressant there is.
So here it is…the reasons that I love summer…
- Walking out of the house with my kids without having to worry about coats, hats, gloves, etc.
- Photographing clients outdoors 75% of the time.
- Working with difficult lighting situations and making them work
- The freckles that are sprinkled across my 6 year old’s nose
- Ice cream
- Running outdoors, even in the heat and humidity
- The color green
- Swimming at the pool with my girls
- Listening to the birds in the morning (after I wake up!) and the crickets at night
- Sunkissed cheeks
- Sitting under the shade of a tree
- Sitting on my front porch while reading a book and listening to music
- Allowing kids to be free and truly themselves